The San Vicente Ferrer Parish Church
The church, dedicated to St. Vincent Ferrer, was built in the Baroque style with a facade made up of two layers of columns separated by ornate architraves.
The convoluted cornices in the church’s top section add beauty to the structure. Octagonal columns top with mini-domes rise from the base on both sides of the church facade. The ornate wooden pulpit is still preserved. The parish was established in 1795 and the feast day of St. Vincent Ferrer is celebrated on April 5. According to the locals, miracles are attributed to the parish’s patron saint attracting pilgrims from far and near. San Vicente is also known as a local furniture town in Ilocos Sur. This town is known as a good producer of wooden furniture made of Narra.
In 1795, it was the initiation of the seat of municipality and the church and Bo. Tuanong became San Vicente de Ferrer. Don Pedro de Leon was the first parish priest and he was believed as the initiator of the construction of the Church of San Vicente.