St. John the Baptist Parish Church
Constructed in 1799 through voluntary labor from the residents. Named after its Patron, St. John the Baptist, and so with the name of the municipality, from Lapog since its establishment as a town (1808) to San Juan (1961). It is home to the predominantly Catholic Lapoguenios. This is where a huge number of Lapoguenios, young and old alike were held hostage by the Japanese forces during World War II. Japanese soldiers detained the people inside the church and threatened to bomb the place if nobody would reveal the burial site of a comrade killed by the guerillas. The people were spared by the valiant Constante Castro who led the Japanese to the burial site.