San Juan Belfry
Constructed together with the St. John the Baptist Church also in 1799. It houses the bells, which announce the birth, wedding and death of many Lapoguenios. At the height of the small pox epidemic in 1918-1919, the bells were tolled mournfully almost daily announcing the death of victims. It also serves as a watchtower for approaching enemy ships during the war, since the bell tower is high enough to take a whole view of the Lapog Bay. Worn out after withstanding earthquakes and typhoons, the belfry crashed down in 1994 and was reconstructed in 1998 funded through donations of civic-spirited and generous Lapoguenios.